-->

Knowing Your Local Home Builders Can Help With House Hunting

By 

I decided that I was tired of renting an apartment, tired of the income going out with nothing to show for it, and tired of the white walls that all apartments have. I wanted to feel like something was mine, like I had some assets, and I wanted color and pictures to adorn my walls. So I started looking at different places,
evaluating various home builders, and ranking different neighborhoods.
One open house that I went to featured a beautiful neighborhood with just about everything you could ask for and it was in a really desirable area. As I walked through the house, I could see myself spending evenings with friends, pictured how my furniture would look, and thought about the commute to work. Each room I went into seemed like it was created just for me, I loved the flow and the design of the space. The things I did not care for, like the sidewalk bricks, seemed like they could be easily replaced. That was until I noticed that the ceiling height in the living room area abruptly changed about halfway through the room. I asked the gentleman that was there showing the house, and he informed me that it was just a minor difference and not all the details can be perfect in a house. I almost laughed out loud. If you were able to have a sloppy ceiling that is visible without fixing it, what was hiding behind the walls? I immediately ruled this builder out of my search.
A couple weeks later I was on another tour of a place. It was a townhouse in a development that had a lot to offer. Once again, as I walked through I was imagining how I would fit this place into my life, or my life into this place. When I left, my feeling was very positive. The next thing was to bring my parents and see what they thought of it. On my way out of the complex I noticed a group of neighbors on the sidewalk talking, and so I approached them to see how they felt about their community. It was an interesting conversation a guy named Rob had just moved in. Rob was trying to take a shower, but the flow of water was really weak, and then turned yellow. He noticed water backing up in his bathtub and some of his sinks. He immediately called the home builders and some plumbers. The first plumber that came out quickly determined the problem was a clogged water line leading from the house to the street. It turned out that a worker one day thought the drain line would be a good spot to dump his Gatorade bottle, which was acting like a big stopper. Much to my dismay, I decided that I could not deal with the kinds of problems that lead from this type of negligence.
I am currently still looking for a great property that I can call home. I never gave much thought to the home builders before, always thinking it was the real estate agents that I needed to have a good rapport with. Having gone through a couple of extreme house viewing, hearing stories from my friends, and feeling the stress of house hunting alone, I now know that I might be better off with white walls and less responsibility for home maintenance or at least be patient and use one of the home builders in our community that I can trust.
When you need home builders, Cleveland, Ohio has Petros Homes to take care of what you need. To learn more about their experience and available services, please visit http://www.petroshomes.com.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7907132