-->

Planning to Travel

By 

I've travelled a fair bit over the past 25 years or so, but I haven't had an overseas trip since 2008. This is a long gap for me because I used to travel at least once a year or once every second year. Do you want to know why I
haven't travelled since 2008? The answer is simple... because I haven't planned for it!
If you think of going on a road trip in a different town, city or country, you wouldn't begin your journey until you planned it using a road map or a GPS. These are tools to help you get to where you want. Without them you'd end up really lost and wonder how you're going to find your way back again.
It's the same as setting a goal and in this instance we'll talk about travel. I hadn't been on a trip because I hadn't done any of the following steps or asked myself these questions, so how could I set a goal?:
  1. What is my budget? Having a figure in mind goes a long way in planning where to go.

  2. What is my destination? If I don't know where I'm going then what's the point? This is where you choose a destination which is within your budget and is a place you'd really love to explore.

  3. What paperwork is required? Some countries are very stringent when it comes to having up to date visas etc.

  4. When do I want to go? This is a valid question in regards to time of year, weather and pricing. The majority of places have a low and a high season and this can make a huge difference to your travel budget. If your budget is really tight then avoid the high season as everything from plane tickets, accommodation and food all go up in price.

  5. What clothing items do I take? This will depend once again on where you go, but keep in mind that if you are going to a winter wonderland, your luggage is going to be much heavier than if you went to a tropical island. What you don't want is to pay an excess luggage bill so be mindful of what you take. One idea is to pack light going to your destination and buying what you need when you get there. You still have to watch the weight of your luggage when going back home!
I will be travelling next year in June when my daughter gets married in Thailand and I know it will be the start of more travel adventures. Once you get the bug it's hard to stop! I've had my hiatus and it's time to travel the world again. First stop Thailand, next stop... ???
Susan Denny has been an Internet Marketer since 2005 and since then she has steadily grown her business. She has built websites and blogs, written articles and everything else associated with internet marketing. She also has an eBay Store selling wedding accessories.
To find out more information about Internet Marketing strategies, go to http://allaboutwebsitemarketing.com for


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7379959